Monday, October 15, 2007

#9 Finding feeds

Having a play with feed searching was an interesting exercise.

On Feedster when doing a search on Libraries I found blogs on everything from Dracula to Queen Victoria. I found it a little hard to narrow down the searches in Feedster and found the results were often very general. I also found it difficult to ascertain the source of the postings.

Technorati was listed as a good tool for Topic Blog searching and I found this to be true for me. The results are displayed clearly and I was able to refine my search easily.

I used Topix for topical news feed searching and again found it to be useful. The results are displayed clearly and I was able to refine the searches.

I tried the Google Blog search and found it easy to use, I do not know if this has more to do with my familiarity with Google rather than the search itself.

I added a couple of publication feeds to my Bloglines account fairly straight forward. I did find some of the screens are very busy for example the Ebsco Reference Centre but the more sites I visit the more I am able to visual sort the information for myself.

No comments: